Audiences allow you to divide your users into logical groups based on certain conditions (“Rules”), such as the Branch they belong to, their Job Position, their User Type, or custom criteria (values of custom “Extended Fields” you might have defined for them).
To add an audience you can click on the “New Audience” button. Over there you will be able to see three options:
1. Audience name: This is a name to identify this audience
2. Description: A short description about this audience
3. Active: Check or leave unchecked if you want this audience to be active or not
Once you created a new audience, you can define its conditions, meaning the rules that apply for this audience in order to include or exclude users from it.
You can define rules such as:
1. Branch: Select branches so that their users will be members of this audience
2. Job positions: Select job positions so that users with either of these job positions will be members of this audience
3. User type: Select members for this audience based on their user type in the system
4. Language: Select members for this audience based on their language
5. Users: Select specific users one by one to add them as members of this audience
6. Extended field: Broaden your criteria based on the extended profile fields you have already predefined. Select the extended field and what value it should have in order to set users with this value as members of this audience.
Once you have set up the conditions for an audience you can assign courses to this audience
1. You have the option to assign courses to this audience. Once you have done so, the courses you assigned will be visible to the catalog of the audience members, where they can enroll if they choose to.
2. Moreover you can assign all members of this audience to the courses you already assigned to the audience on the spot.
Finally, you can assign training sessions to an audience. When you assign a training session, all members of the audience are able to view this training session in their catalog.